Steps to sign in to Office 365
1. Click on the "Sign in to your Office365 account" button within the Office365 widget.
2. Enter your University of Ottawa employee email in the Sign in box and click "Next".
Note: you will be asked to enter you email a few times during this process of connecting your account.
3. Enter your University of Ottawa employee email in the Microsoft Sign in box and click "Next".IMPORTANT: When asked to "Stay signed in?" it is recommended to select "No" if you are on public computers, otherwise your credentials will stay saved on that computer and any other user that logs into Brightspace on that computer profile may be logged into to your Office 365 account.
4. Click the "No" button when asked to "Stay signed in?"
5. Login with your email credentials to connect to the University of Ottawa Single Sign-On system.
6. You are now connected and will be able to access your Outlook email, calendar and OneDrive from Brightspace.
Office 365 button shows txtSignin
If the button shows txtSignin, this may be because your profile hasn't been assigned a language. To set your language, use the quick language switcher to change the language. You may have to switch to the opposite language and back to select your language of choice.
Alternatively, you can select your language choice from your profile.
1. Click on your profile icon
2. Click on 'Account Settings'
3. Scroll down to 'Locale & Languages'
4. Select your desired language.
For all other issues, please contact Brightspace support.